JVC hr-D200U
R P
2010-12-03 22:29:56 UTC
Just got this free with no remote.Have figured out how to program it by
hand but cannot get it to scan channels.This unit takes 110 chanels but
I only have 1-36 + 96 in it.Anyone have a way to get it to scan the
channels I get? Also anyone know which remote goes with it?? I have 2
JVC remotes but neither allows me to program this unit only turn on and
play or rwing ?
Peter
2010-12-04 14:03:31 UTC
Post by R P
Just got this free with no remote.Have figured out how to program it by
hand but cannot get it to scan channels.This unit takes 110 chanels but
I only have 1-36 + 96 in it.Anyone have a way to get it to scan the
channels I get? Also anyone know which remote goes with it?? I have 2
JVC remotes but neither allows me to program this unit only turn on and
play or rwing ?
Don't know the specs of that model, but almost certainly it has an
analog TV tuner only. If so, unless you are in an unusual location, all
you need is channels 3 and/or 4 and possibly the aux inputs (if any) to
receive the output of set top boxes such as converter boxes. If you are
feeding it from a set-top cable/satellite box, those also usually have
composite outputs to channel 3 and/or 4.

There should be a menu button on the VCR itself, and any universal
remote should be able to drive a JVC.

Doesn't sound like a show-stopper to me.
R P
2010-12-04 14:26:09 UTC
Running cable direct (no box) for this VCR.Need to find a way to get it
to scan channels to get the ones that come in on my cable company.Guess
the PO didn't have many channels (37 total for them)
UCLAN

http://www.remotes.com/remotes/servlet/rs?a=Search&o=c&uid=0&m=HR-D200U&uuid=12914918245000
GMAN

http://www.remotegarage.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=89
R P
2010-12-07 13:32:59 UTC
Finally got to see a pic of the remote up close.No buttons for
programing on it? Also one site showed it as for a DVD player not a VCR?
Now I'm really confused
UCLAN
2010-12-07 21:27:24 UTC
What site called it a DVD player?
R P
2010-12-08 14:48:23 UTC
Not sure,one of the remote replacement companies titled the HR-D200U as
a DVD player remote.Seems plausable because there is no program buton
but I am taking the model number off the VCR so it doesn't make sense.
GMAN
2010-12-05 20:50:42 UTC
Post by UCLAN
Post by R P
Just got this free with no remote.Have figured out how to program it by
hand but cannot get it to scan channels.This unit takes 110 chanels but
I only have 1-36 + 96 in it.Anyone have a way to get it to scan the
channels I get? Also anyone know which remote goes with it?? I have 2
JVC remotes but neither allows me to program this unit only turn on and
play or rwing ?
http://www.remotes.com/remotes/servlet/rs?a=Search&o=c&uid=0&m=HR-D200U&uuid=12
914918245000
Plus as old as that unit is and as basic as it is, I would think any generic
elcheapo unit from WalMart would function.